Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pearlized Papers Card: Write with Care

I took things in an unexpected direction for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

 Normally I'd respond to a pearlized challenge with tons of paints, mixed media - I even experimented with stitching pearls onto my cardstock, but none of the results were really pleasing to me this time around. Just not feeling all that glimmer mist!

So I wound up pulling my project apart, and going very minimal with some pearlized papers, just a DCWV stack that I've had for eons that I usually use as a jewelry phtoto backdrop. (Stash busting, yay.)


The lady is a prinout from The Graphics Fairy, backed with cardstock and stitched into place. I wanted the stitching to be very raw and simple and show clearly, so I handstitched with brown thread.


The butterflies are hand stamped, and then embellished with a little text cut out from my stash of vintage past-the-point-of-no-return books. This one was a school primer, lots of writing and drawing in the margins.


Hand stamped sentiment, glued over a snippet of vintage ribbon.  This came from a short-lived store right near my house, so sad they're gone, they were the vintage ribbon queens and I should have bought more! Stash regret. :(


One last macro to show off that pretty pearlized sheen!

Challenges:  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

2 comments:

  1. That pearlized paper is so pretty! Very nice card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty and whimsical card! I like the image and what you've done to accent the lady. Thanks for stopping by Contagiously Crafty! It was so nice of you to comment!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?