Let's have a little suite of tags: I made these as a gift.
These are the smaller sized tags, the four inch ones.
Used small manilla tags, recollections, fiskars and Hero Arts "A" stamp, distress ink colorbox pigment ink, and prismacolors. First step: lay down a background image using a light color of colorbox pigment. Go over this with a light colored distress paint dauber.
After this background image is "fixed" (I also used a heat gun on it, I'm impatient!) Stamp some darker images with archival dye (you could use staz-on or any fast drying dye)
Then: distress ink! Yay. Lots of dauber action (I'm a tskukineko tools kinda gal, I admit) and a little bit of fantastix touches with both antique linen and frayed burlap colorways.
Then a little prismacolor fun - nothing too tight and cautious, just a little highlighting.
A little bit of seven gypsies paper, some doodling with a pen to highlight the edge.
The blue stain on the edge of the floral tag is some distress stain in broken china.
To soften the backgrounds, I used the "antque linen" distress paint dauber over the stamping, selectively, before aging it back more with antique linen distress ink. The dauber has a very transparent paint - I didn't think I'd like these tools as much as I do!
A little hand coloring with prismacolor pencils - nothing too fine-tuned, just a little blush.
I think she'll like these. The lace is from the endless fibers stash.