Sunday, March 9, 2014

Suite of Tags

Let's have a little suite of tags: I made these as a gift.

These are the smaller sized tags, the four inch ones.



Used small manilla tags, recollections, fiskars and Hero Arts "A" stamp, distress ink colorbox pigment ink, and prismacolors.  First step: lay down a background image using a light color of colorbox pigment.  Go over this with a light colored distress paint dauber.

After this background image is "fixed" (I also used a heat gun on it, I'm impatient!) Stamp some darker images with archival dye (you could use staz-on or any fast drying dye)

Then: distress ink! Yay. Lots of dauber action (I'm a tskukineko tools kinda gal, I admit) and a little bit of fantastix touches with both antique linen and frayed burlap colorways.

Then a little prismacolor fun - nothing too tight and cautious, just a little highlighting.



A little bit of seven gypsies paper, some doodling with a pen to highlight the edge.
The blue stain on the edge of the floral tag is some distress stain in broken china.


To soften the backgrounds, I used the "antque linen" distress paint dauber over the stamping, selectively, before aging it back more with antique linen distress ink.  The dauber has a very transparent paint - I didn't think I'd like these tools as much as I do!



A little hand coloring with prismacolor pencils - nothing too fine-tuned, just a little blush.


I think she'll like these. The lace is from the endless fibers stash.

10 comments:

  1. such gorgeous tags, I adore the red wine color against the natural...just stunning! I am so happy you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Tag It Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags are so pretty! I love the butterflies and the colors! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! Love the colors here. Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags! I love the soft colors and images you used. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty tags , the butterfly one is my favourite!
    Thanks for joining the Loves Rubberstamp challenge, hope to see you at the new challenge too ,
    Hugs Blankina
    http://blankinacreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful piece of work. Thank you for joining in this month and hope to see you in future challenges
    Elane aka Ellapu
    Owner of Eclectic Ellapu and Altered Eclectics

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so charming...each and every one! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tags are just adorable! I love the soft chic look of them! Thanks so much for playing with us this month at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tags! Thanks for joining the Quick Quotes Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these so cute thanks for joining in over at eclectic ellapu x

    ReplyDelete

What say you?